Senior Full Stack Developer
Day in the Life
- Developing and maintaining user-interface and server-side network components
- Manage the exchange of data between the front-end, PostgreSQL database, data warehouse, and external web services
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Responsive web development across an array of web-capable devices
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the engineering team and graphic designers
- Re-architect existing code base to meet best practices and improve maintainability
- Troubleshoot and provide work arounds/bug fixes for problems experienced by the internal team
- Assist the team occasionally with basic DevOps and support duties
What We’re Looking For
(and not by any means dealbreakers!)
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Collaborative problem solving and design
- Open to flex hours
- Familiarity with AWS architectural concepts is a plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other NoSQL databases is a plus
- Familiarity with APIs
- Git experience is a plus
- Familiarity with other libraries in use, such as Material UI, Cypress, GraphQL, is a plus
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in full stack development
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience
The Tech Stack
Instant Teams delivers a unique platform to match, build, and manage remote employees for customer companies. The platform itself consists of three components – a talent facing portal to help talent grow their careers and find unique opportunities, a customer facing portal that helps companies request carefully sourced teams and manage their teams; and finally a sophisticated data platform that uses search algorithms and eventually machine learning to build teams that match client’s needs.
Web Application: The web Application is built using the React front-end framework. Use of this technology improves the componentization of the front end and thereby increases the flexibility of the display of records and other content. The same technology is in use for all the components of the platform – Talent Portal, the Customer Portal, and the Admin Portal.
Webserver: The back-end servers are AWS EC2 instances running Node.js. The servers are implemented in a multi-node cluster running behind an AWS high-availability load balancer. All communication from the internet with the webservers requires SSL encryption over HTTPS, and only traffic on HTTPS port is allowed. While not yet turned on, the load balancer can be configured with a firewall and a service to prevent denial of service attack (DDoS shield). Furthermore, all access can be logged and stored in AWS CloudWatch. The disk storage for webservers can also be encrypted.
Database Layer: The system uses the AWS RDS (postgres) database cluster. The database can be encrypted. All data access to this database is via HTTPS, and the database itself can only be accessed from within the virtual private network by specific servers. RDS data will be backed up daily. The database general log, which contains all database connections and complete query history can be sent and stored in AWS CloudWatch. The encryption and logging features are not yet turned on to save on AWS costs.
Regular Working Shifts
Available to work 40 hours/week and be available during your time zone’s core working hours
Eastern Time Zone Team Members
10 am – 4 pm
Central Time Zone Team Members
9 am – 3 pm
Mountain Time Zone Team Members
9 am – 3 pm
Pacific Time Zone Team Members
8 am – 2 pm
Hawaiian Time Zone Team Members
7 am – 1 pm
The remaining 2 hours are flexible on the front end or the back end, with approval and communication to your supervisor.
We are a Workforce on a Mission.
Our unique combination of talent, technology, and remote teams takes on outdated models of customer support and customer service teams. We’ve built a modernized model of mission-centric service that puts our customers ahead and impacts an untapped market of military-connected professionals.
This is not necessarily a complete list of responsibilities, skills, duties, or requirements associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
EEO and Harassment Statement
Instant Teams provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants, contractors, and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Instant Teams expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Instant Teams’ contractors and employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.